Pharmacy Products & Services in Maryland
We want to help both patients and healthcare providers improve patient care quality. The only way we can achieve this is by offering the best possible products and services at Coastal Drug Rx.
Our promise, we deliver. Our prices remain competitive. We do all that we can to give you the best value for what you spend on health care every time you shop at our Retail and Long-Term Care Pharmacy in Maryland.
These are the services currently offered at Coastal Drug Rx:
Long Term Care
Medical Supplies / Durable Medical Equipment (DME)
- We carry a wide range of drugs that include: psychotropic drugs, injectables,, topical and OTCs.
- We also supply wound care supplies, office supplies, D.M.E items
- We can customize a formulary list of preferred drugs for Nursing Home Facilities
- Our staff offers a wealth of pharmacy knowledge regarding state and federal regulations, as well as Disease State Management.
- Our comprehensive reviews ensure that medication is administered correctly with regards to meal times.
- From the time of admission to in-house medication review, we ensure that your residents’ medication use is maximized.
- Our experienced Pharmacists perform routine drug utilization review (DUR) for all orders to screen for allergies, drug interactions, and therapeutic duplications.
- We supply wheelchairs, walkers, canes, crutches, commodes, shower chairs…and much more!
- Pharmacists are on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They handle after hour calls and provide medication dispensing for emergencies and holidays.
- We bill Medicare, and most insurance agencies directly. If there are any charges not covered, the responsible party will receive bills at their residence for co-pays and non-billable items once a month.
- We are committed to meeting or beating local retail prices.
- Our expert billing staff will bill the appropriate insurances and make certain that all claims are accounted for. All billing is done electronically to ensure accuracy and timely reimbursement.
- For facilities billed based on contract and formulary agreement, monthly statements are sent, detailing each drug provided for each patient on a particular date.
- Coastal Drug LTC, will work with your nursing and administration staff to streamline all ordering and delivery needs of your facility
- We use an electronic prescribing system to streamline workflow, reduce errors and increase productivity.
- Physician’s order and MAR review comparison are done at the time of data entry and dispensing to ensure that the records of our pharmacy dispensing system are accurate.
- Order verification is done by Pharmacists, with imprint of drug identification on the label and bar coding technology used to assist in medication error prevention.
- We package drugs in unit of use packaging, bingo cards, unit dose or other special packaging commonly required by LTC facilities.
- Medication is delivered in sealed containers, accommodating for refrigeration of certain items.